Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Jam Jars

As I begin to "beef up" my repertoire of sauces, relishes and jams I have come to realise that raiding the "jar cupboard" and the local op shop was not going to meet my need for clean, food quality containers.

"How hard could it be?" I mused as I searched the Internet for glass producers. Very easy if I was looking for pallets worth! I have found 2 suppliers in Melbourne, happy to sell me 100 jars at a time(of each size), however lids only come in packets of 1050!!

Self doubt steps in! Will I ever sell enough jars to make the outlay worth it? Of course I will, but where do I store them! That is a problem for my partner Myles who has an uncanny knack of getting the most out of any storage space.

I intend to make chilli jam this weekend and if anyone has any insights where to access about 20 40ml jars with lids I would be most grateful :)

No comments: